Views: 15 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-10-08 Origin: Site
The bending characteristics of stainless steel plate are introduced
1) Due to poor thermal conductivity than ordinary low carbon steel, low elongation, resulting in large deformation force;
2) Stainless steel sheet has a strong springback tendency compared with carbon steel when bending;
3) stainless steel plate relative to carbon steel due to low elongation, bending workpiece bending Angle R is greater than carbon steel, otherwise there is the possibility of crack;
4) Due to the high hardness of stainless steel plate, cold hardening effect is significant so in the selection of bending tools to choose heat treatment hardness should reach more than 60HRC tool steel, its surface roughness is an order of magnitude higher than carbon steel bending tools.
According to the above features, in general:
1. Under the unit size, the thicker the plate is, the greater the bending force is required, and with the increase of the thickness of the plate, the margin of the bending force should be larger when selecting the bending equipment;
2. Under the unit size, the greater the tensile strength, the smaller the elongation, the greater the required bending force, the larger the bending Angle should be;
3. In the case of corresponding plate thickness and bending radius in the design drawing, according to experience, the expansion size of a bending workpiece is the addition of right Angle edges minus two plate thicknesses, which can fully meet the requirements of design accuracy. Calculating the expansion according to the empirical formula can simplify the calculation process and greatly improve the production efficiency.
4. The greater the yield strength of the material, the greater the amount of elastic recovery. In order to obtain a 90 degree Angle of the bending piece, the smaller the Angle of the pressure knife is required. The bending Angle of stainless steel with the same thickness of carbon steel is larger, which should be paid special attention to otherwise the bending crack will appear and affect the strength of the workpiece.